To make the background layer I used Early Espresso Core'dinations paper 129956 for the Neutrals pack. The Core'dinations paper is great because it is so manipulatable. I ran it through the Big Shot using the Argyle embossing folder 127750 which I thouht would start it off with a masculine flair. I then sanded it. It took no time at all to sand what ended up to be 58 cards using the new sanding system where you can replace the sanding pads 129367 and replacement pads can be purchases. I have yet to wear out my originals though.
Moving on. I used a lot of ovals that I cut out using the ovals framelits 129381 and the big white elephant of Stampin' Up! the magnetic platform for the Big Shot to use with your framelits 130658, I purchased mine in the first days of availability but demand far exceeded supply by a large factor. They should be available for purchase come September again. Plan on getting it. If you use Framelits you need this base. It makes cutting so quick and easy.
Oh stamp set I used on the card is Rev Up the Fun 130520 w 130523 c. To consistently cut the oval out of the top layer here are pictures of the steps I used. I used a similar method for the tire tracks and the corvette.
You get the idea. I marked the cutting pads with a Sharpie (rubbing alcohol takes it right off) and placed tape to where the paper needed consistent placement. I marked the oval framelit so the marks would line up with the marks on the cutting pads. It went surprisingly quick.
Here was my alternate card which got the veto
Its a cute card and certainly would have been easier to cut out but with out having that oval where the image almost pops out it doesn't have quite the impact. This card may resurface at a later date for a swap.
If you have any questions regarding supplies used or about how I made my repeated ovals, let me know. In the meantime, happy stampin, Sandy
Thank you for stopping by today!
Keep being creative, Sandy