Video on how to emboss a box
Did you know you can emboss Stampin' Up!s Gable boxes (silver foil and lustrous white)? Why yes you can!
- Gable Box in Lustrous White 146961 $8 for 12 count
- Gable Box in Silver Foil 145568 $8 for 12 count
- Embossing Folders for the Big Shot, not ever folder works for this technique
- Tear & Tape Adhesive $7 roll
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 143263 $110
- Letter opener or scissor
To get started we need to get that box opened up flat. Using a letter opener or a scissor, along the boxes folded tab that closes the box, gently pry it open so it lays flat. You may tear up the tab a bit. None of it will show when you are done.
Place half of box into your folder, with folder right side up. THIS IS THE SIDE THAT IS LABELED. I do show below the right and wrong side images of the folders we had in April 2018. Products change, same idea.
- Run half box and folder through your Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.
- Place folder on other half, folder right side up and run through the machine.
- Using tear and tape, reassemble your box.
- Decorate box to finish it or use plain.
It really is a simple process. I do have to admit my first time, I was a little nervous to do it.
I also show you what each embossing folder looks like right side up and other (wrong) side up. Sometimes the opposite side looks just as pretty, if not prettier.
I hope you find this information very useful and are going to try this with your boxes. Please be sure to share this video with friends.
SHOP NOW FOR GABLE BOXES
Thank you for stopping by today!
Keep being creative, Sandy