For my big annual upcoming event I wanted a banner, or something, to decorate the front of the table. I wanted it easy, inexpensive and quick. In other words, the perfect project! lol, don't we all!!!
I dug through my box where I keep my kits and kit pieces. I found a banner kit from I think Occasions 2013 catalog, maybe 2014. Originally it spelled out CELEBRATE, but apparently in my big purge during our move, I tossed it. Oh well. I still had parts of the kit, and with a few additions i whipped out this banner in under an hour. Honestly, it might have been quicker. No matter.
The original kit had CELEBRATE as punch out letters, i had 6 pieces of the banner blanks left, what could I spell out in 5-6 letters that seems appropriate? CREATE. Using retired Simple Serif alphabet dies for the Big Shot I cut out the letters in the dazzling diamonds glimmer paper item 135315. I added the target circle of the soon to be released Stitched Framelits dies for a background. I dug and found the same cord that was originally used in the kit in my retired stash of ribbon, because Sandy can't part with her ribbon easily - needs a ribbon!
There are striped circles that came with the original kit, and i added them in between each piece. i added some retired large silver flower brads to each circle, as a weight to keep the banner from bouncing around as people bump it, See, that was the whole thing, I wanted something that was a little eye catching but could handle being bumped around and moved around. In previous years I have made some beautiful banners for the front of the table, but they were not very hardy.
This may hang on my soon to be installed new fireplace mantle in my studio. In any event it was quick and easy and very inexpensive and suited my needs. I hope this inspires you to scrounge in your stash for supplies. Sometimes the most current products aren't always what we need.
Thank you for stopping by today!
Keep being creative, Sandy