At OnStage a week ago, I decided to stay at a local hotel, just to make the early morning easier. I roomed with Beth T, who is an amazing crafter. Seriously, she should open up her own paper flowers boutique. She has been hired by quite a few brides for her crafty prowess.
She was so kind as to leave me a pillow gift. I was the crummy roommate who didn't get time to do that. I will do something nice for her later, I promise!
The cool thing about this box is its mostly scoring and burnishing. No adhesives to hold the box together. Speaking of adhesives, and tools and Tool Box series, I will not be posting any of my series in April. I have just been out of town too much. It will be 4 weekends in a row. That has really thrown off my groove and rhythm.
Back to the darling box. Beth copied a pattern that Pootles in the UK posted very recently. Click on the link to watch Pootles video instructions. I am giving all the love and talent to Pootles and Beth on these projects. This is Beths Facebook business page.
Here are some basic instructions. Finished size is 4x6x1":
1) Sheet of paper, cut to 8x11"
2) Scoring: 11" side - score 1, 2, 6, 7", 8" side of paper - score 1, 7" which form the sides of your box.
3) You will need to remove to 1" square sections, the sections that are at the 1" by 1" and 1" by 7" score marks.
4) Diagonal scoring - in between the 6" and 7" score marks with your paper facing you, score at the 1" by 6" corner outward at a diagonal. Repeat on the other side. Pootles recommends using a firm hand a scoring but not going back over each section, because you will break down the fibers in your paper too much.
5) Round the corners of your front flap. The Project Life corner rounder works great for this.
6) Punch a small hole in the front flap, use either the 3/4" or 1/2" circle punch. Fold your flap over when you do this so you get a half circle on each section.
7) The corners should naturally fold inward, if you have burnished well.
Box top layers - Cardstock 3 3/4" x 5 3/4", Designer Paper 3 1/2' x 5 1/2"
Stamped layers - Cardstock 3 1/4" x 2 1/2", Vanilla or white cardstock for greeting 3 x 2 1/4"
Add ribbon bow if desired.
Beth and Pootles both used Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Paper, which can be found online and in the Occasions 2017 Catalog.
Thanks Beth for letting me share your darling creation. And shout out to Pootles for a cute project.
Thank you for stopping by today. Sandy
Thank you for stopping by today!
Keep being creative, Sandy